Sunday, October 11, 2009

Bitten By The Bug - monster challenge

Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend. Mine went WAY too fast for my liking. But there's not much I can do about that. Back to work tomorrow and wait for the next one, I guess. *smiles* It's time to reveal the new challenge from Regina over at Bitten By The Bug. This week, she asked us to use this cute little monster from Paper Dolls Dress Up from Hallmark Scrapbook. Isn't it just so cute??!!! I now have tons of ideas running through my head for this cute little hairy creature. For my submission to the DT creations, I paired this cute little monster with some stamps from The Cutting Cafe', Eat, Drink, and be scary came from Halloween Labels, and the Trick or Treat frame is from Halloween Card Borders. The paper is from a pack by Recollections from Michael's. I also added some drippy goo thanks to a Martha Stewart border punch. The little flowers are from a little Marvy punch and there is an orange dew drop in the center. (they photographed as though they are black, but they are not)

After doing my DT submission, I had to throw this quick little card together with this adorable monster. And I have even so many more ideas floating around in this head! I mean...how fun is this?!! I sure hope you take the time to visit Bitten By The Bug to see the rest of the DT take on this fun challenge, and then grab your paper and glue and play along with us. Thanks for visiting me today, and see you on Tuesday with a new challenge from Papertake Weekly! HUGS!

23 comments :

Jacque said...

Cute, cute, cute...and soooooooo funny!!! I can identify well...lolol...just darling, Sharon!!!! Hugs...Jacque

Candy said...

Hi Sharon,
Well, this is darling!!! I have to admit to liking your second one the best though! LOL LOL
Hugs, Candy

Kelly said...

SO cute! Can't help but smile! Love both but my favorite is the first one. Enjoy your week!

Joey said...

Hehehe Sharon, how fun is this little monster! fantastic creations! Joey.x

Tracey said...

These are both fabulous Sharon! WHat a cute little monster!! Love that drippy goo border! xx

Sandi said...

Sharon, love your monster's nose ring, the whole card is darling, I keep going over the BBTB site because this challenge makes me giggle more than any other one. Hugs

Anonymous said...

BWWHAA!! What a cute little monster!! Reminds me of cousin "It" from the Munsters!! :) TEE!!

Debbie said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE!! I love it! Love the colors and your little monster is sooo cute!
hugz
deb

Jen said...

Awh this is darling! Love the sentiment (eat, drink and be scary) way to cute paired with this little monster! The home perm on is just cracking me up! I received way too many of those in my days :) I hope you have a super week!

Susan Edwards said...

Sharon, your little monsters are adorable! Wonderful work!!!!

xx Susan

Linda said...

Love those little monsters! Precious cards.

Suzan L said...

Sharon, Both your Hairy Monster Cards are so cute. I didn't even know she was on the cartridge. She reminds me of Cousin It!! LOL!! I also love the sayings that you used. You are slways coming up with the cutest ideas!!
Hugs, Suzan

Kathy said...

Sharon,

That monster is just too cute for words. and the home perm...too funny!

Hugs
Kathy

Kirsten Alicia said...

Fab, fab, fab!!

DonnaMundinger said...

Too too cute Sharon! LOve your monsters in black and your sentiments are hilarious! xxD

Danni said...

LOL...all I could think of was Cousin It from the Adams family. LOL!
Such cute fun projects!

DeeDee said...

Well, I love both cards! So very cute...especially the shaped one! *wink* I made more fun stuff too...but I didn't think to show them in the same post....duh! LOL! Love ya girlie! HUGS!

Jodie from Oz said...

Sharon, This little hairy monster is soooooooo cute, both your cards are adorable. Looks like me in the morning. LOL.
Hugs Jodie from Oz

Carole Beath said...

Cute, cute cute CAAAA-UTE. And I always love your little sentiments. My first exposure to your wonderful humor was long long ago when you did that cute little Cuttlebug Donkey with the hat and you said "well, it looked like it fit when I tried it on". I've never forgotten that.
Carole

Donna said...

Fab little monster Sharon, love the way you have used him on both your cards...I just love the 'perm' sentiment it gave me a much needed laugh :) Donna x

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

HA! ACK!!! HILARIOUS!!! I LOVE this cousin It guy / girl / monster/ thing :) hehehe!!! GREAT cards! So fun!!!

Candace said...

ROFLMAO! this brings back memories of high school. I doodled this little monster all the time. It was the only thing I could draw. My art teacher hated him and me, LOL.

scrapn_momof2 said...

Too cute and too funny! Great job as always.

hugs,
Deborah