Thursday, August 11, 2011

I love you to the moon and back!


Hi everyone! I've been wanting to make this card with my new stamps from the new Winner Takes it all collection from Magnolia-licious (in stock and available right now!!!!), and I was finally able to put it together. I would usually layer up my images for this kind of scene by cutting them out and popping them up, but I also wanted to enter the Tomic Challenge which is masking. So that's how I combined my three images today! I used #207 Astronaut Tilda, #555 Moon, and #577 Starship, masking them as I combined.  They're all colored with Copic markers.


I used the following colors:  suit B000, B00, and B02 ;  suit trim and boots R35 and 37;  moon: E51 and 53;  fire Y17, Y38, YR16, and R27;  starship - C1, 3, and 5 along with B02 and B04;  skin: E11, 01, and 00, hair, E21, 23, and 25; sky B24;  helmet and starship window B0000.   For the sentiment, I just typed the smaller words out on my computer and printed them onto the X Press It Blending cardstock. Then I just used my scissors and made some wonky cuts. Got the wonky cuts inspiration from my friend DeeDee! Thanks girlfriend!   The words MOON and BACK were cut using the Expression, Gypsy, and the Mickey font with shadow. The shadow on the Mickey font is barely visible, so I offset them so it would show a little better. I also added some Glossy Accents to Tilda's helmet and the starship window.


The papers I used are Bo Bunny Blast Off Collection. It's like they were made for this new collection and I love them! I just matted it with Bazzill cardstock and machine stitched around all the square panels. I usually stitch around the round panels as well, but because I used the "out of the box" technique for these images, I couldn't do that.  Now I consider myself a fairly intelligent person, I really do. But this "out of the box" technique has me perplexed. I was very careful to cut straight in to my image so I wouldn't have any "missing pieces" to my circle. But I go them anyway. I am NOT going to let this thing beat me! LOL! I plan on practicing with that more this weekend. But I sure won't do it anymore with something where I've taken the time to mask three images together! LOL! I was not going to do that again, so I simply cut another whole circle and glued the top circle to it after I colored in the little pieces that showed.


So that's it for me today! I am entering this card in the following challenges:
 Tomic challenge
Cupcake Craft challenges - Sew Mad

  Thanks so much for stopping by to see me today, and hope to see you back again soon! Have a fantastic weekend! Hugs!

47 comments :

Rhonda Emery said...

what a cute card. love it

Peggie said...

Wonderful card.Love the letters. Cute stars.

Pat said...

Hi Sharon...ooooh...does this card ever make me smile!!! When Emma (my first grandbaby) was a toddler, she and I used to say "I love you to the moon and back"!! So...thanks for the sweet memories (Em is nearly 13 now!) Your card is just precious! I love the entire concept and design! And your coloring is stunning (as always!) I love your papers...gosh...I love everything about this little masterpiece, m'dear! Hugs. Pat

Barb Hardeman said...

Ohhhhh! Where do you find the time??? Jordan and I always say "I love you to the moon and back" so this card is especially sweet to me. You've done a fabulous job masking all the images and shadowing your letters is such a great idea!! Fabulous job my friend!
Hugs,
Barb

Sandy said...

Cute as it can be Sharon!
Sandy

Sheri said...

What a happy happy card! Love the colors and everything about this one!

Anonymous said...

Sharon, this is just beautiful! Wonderful job of masking,gorgeous bright colours. just lovely
Hugs Julie P

Chris said...

How cute is this? I love it! I love how you used the red and blue so well. The splash of color for the moon and rocket is perfect! I love the alphas you used for your title, too! Love it!

XO,
Chris Christensen

paola said...

You did a fabulous job on this card Sharon, love those shadowed letters and your coloring of Tilda is great. Stunning Dp for the whole theme
smiles
Paola

Creations by Shirl said...

Wow Sharon~ I see shooting stars with this card... You are amazing, luv the tilda and the wonders you did with her. Great DP and no wonder she's flying to the moon..
Hugs my friend~

TLC DESIGNS, LLC said...

I'm loving all the little bits and pieces of the stars here, but I have to say, that elephant card just MAKES ME SMILE every time!
Hugs
Tammy Louise

cabio's craft corner said...

Lovely and adorable card Sharon. Cute and sweet sentiment and the pearl stars are awesome :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous Sharon, what an amazing scene you've made.
luv
Debby

Melodie said...

Fabolous card with great colours.
Hugs
Melodie

NGCARDS said...

Wow A fantastic card hun! xxx

Beth said...

What a cute card! Great job, as always!

Rachel Izakowicz said...

What a fun card! Love the glimpse of the inside as well. Great colours too & perfect stitching! Thanks for playing at Cupcake this week & good luck x

Gea said...

This is so cute! Love all of it!
Hugs Gea

Anonymous said...

Sharon, this is so colorful and very sweet!! Gorgeous layout and your design and coloring are always awesome my dear!! :)

Paula said...

WOW! What an awesome card!! I love all the details you added and love the bright colors! Great looking card :)

DeeDee said...

WOW! What an AMAZING card girlie! I need to try the masking technique and the "out of the box" technique too...there will be lots of fussing I'm sure! Heehee! Thanks for the shout out too! You're a doll! This is one ca-ute card! Have a wonderful weekend! HUGS! :)

Unknown said...

GORGEOUS creation!!!So Happy That You Could join us at TOMIC!
Hugs,Gosia S.

Christina C. said...

Ohhhhh, this is toooo cute, Sharon! Love your Tilda and the wonderful papers....great sentiment!

Janiel/ janny said...

oh boy girlfriend this is Cuuuute!!! I love the way you have the words all popped out and I tell ya this is a very adorable card!!!!
happy weekend to you..
Janiel

Shazza said...

it is just fabulous x

Danielle Champagne said...

Hi Sharon, Truly sweet! I just love your sentiment, Adorable, and just perfect with Tilda sitting on her very own rocket!!The colors are gorgeous and soooo happy. I love it all.
Hugs.

Card Crazy said...

Sharon, this is just too cute! I didn't think I cared much for this collection but you've sure changed my mind!
Sue S.

Tracey said...

Oh my goodness, this ia absolutely FABULOUS Sharon!! I adore it!!! xx

Stressed Stamper said...

stunning - still say this to my girls - well "up to the stars and back again" - same sort of thing...
Have a great weekend hun
Hugs
Sarah x

Diana Crick said...

Oh my gosh what an amazing feast for the eyes and senses. I literally got lost in your card taking in each detail. Absolutely fabulous Sharon!!!!!
hugs, Diana

Elle said...

And I love this to the moon and back! What an amazing feast for the eyes!

Cordine said...

Stunning card! I love it!
Hugs
cordine

Unknown said...

I love this card and the papers are gorgeous.
Francy

Brodders said...

A great fun card :) Thanks for joining us at Cupcakes this week and good luck. Jane x

Ellen said...

I like this card so much! It's so colourful and the sentiment is so original made. Lovely!

groetjes, Ellen

Joey said...

WOW Sharon this is a stunning card, love that lettering and your colour choice is perfect. Joey x

Suzan L said...

Oh My Gosh Sharon, This card is so darling!! I love everything about it!! I'm crossing my fingers that this beauty makes top 5 at TOMIC on Wednesday!! Have a wonderful weekend!!
Hugs,
Suzan Laverty

Jodie from Oz said...

Sharon, Your card is fabulous, your scene is adorable and the sentiment is perfect. You've done a super job masking these sweet images and shadowing your letters. The bright colours and great selection of papers, I love everything about your amazing card. Have a great weekend hugs Jodie from Oz

Cami said...

Wow Sharon, your masking here is absolutely wonderful! What a great job you did and also the coloring! This is a winner to me!
Hugs, Cami

Jean said...

Sharon, this is a gorgeous card, beautiful bright colors, great pp and adore your Tilda.. A stunning card, great quote to match..
Hugs, Jean

Unknown said...

Wow look at this!!!! The colors are stunning!!!! What a gorgeous gorgeous card!!!! You did an awesome job on this!!!!!

Marlene said...

Cute, cute, cute!!! You know one thing I love about your cards? You fill up every square inch with goodness! That's what!! (And no, I'm not kissing your butt.)

Rene said...

I have to confess...when I saw this I just burst out laughing! It is So bright and cheery and could your sentiment be any more perfect? (No, it couldn't!) This is just FANTASTIC!!!!
Rene :D

Hanna said...

Oh WOW, Sharon, this is beyond words! LOVE IT SO MUCH!
The theme is just PERFECT for these stamps, what a terrefic idea! The lettering is gorgeous and the layout of the card is FABULOUS in every way, absolutely AMAZING!

hugs,
Hanna

Monique said...

Oh, Tilda is so cute Sharon ! Lovely card :)).

Hugs Monique

Anonymous said...

Maybe you will want to place a twitter icon to your website. Just marked down this site, but I must do it by hand. Simply my suggestion.

My blog:
rachat de credits rachatdecredit.net

DonnaMundinger said...

I'd recognize that font ANYWHERE! Oh this is just darling! You always have the perfect colors and papers. ADORABLE! xxD