Saturday, December 10, 2016

O come let us adore him using Art Impressions

Hello AI Fans

My opinion - This is ONE of my favorite Christmas Stamp Sets AI has ever done.  I absolutely love it!  Today I'm featuring the new Nativity Mini Tryfold Set.  I had a lot of fun teaching this card at our local Scrapbook Paradise store in Reno. I will admit that layering them up like this takes a lot of cutting, but with the dies being included in the set, it makes it a lot easier.

First thing I did was make a negative of the die cut. On a smaller scrap of paper, put the die in the center and run it through your machine.  You can throw the part that was die cut away, and keep the outside of the paper with the die cut hole in the middle. TIP - keep that negative with your stamp set so you can use it over and over in the future.  I stamped the image on watercolor paper and die cut it. From there, I lined it up with the mat, and penciled around the inside of die cut.  I then used the negative of the die cut to line it up with my pencil marks, held it down with washi tape, popped the die into the negative space and ran each piece through my die cut machine. Voila - perfectly layered die cuts!  


I used some masking fluid and the small tip of my water brush handle to make the falling snow. (will do until I can get a Molotow Grafx Masking Marker).  Once the masking fluid is dry, you just paint your background over the top of the masking fluid. When your image is completely dry, rub off the masking fluid and you have the illusion of a snowy sky! 


I honestly LOVE LOVE LOVE this stamp set!!! I am making a number of these to send out as Christmas cards. 

Thanks so much for stopping by today and hope you have a wonderful weekend! Crafty hugs!!

colors used: Sepia, Ochre, dark brown, African Violet, Brownish Gray, Brilliant Yellow, Black, Rosewood, Pink



4 comments :

Lillian A said...

Absolutely darling, Sharon!

Bunny said...

These are beautiful.

Unknown said...

This is just beautiful Sharon - what a super stamp set! Your water colouring is fantastic too!

Nancy said...

Oh, Sharon. This set is positively wonderful and reminds me of the Hallmark Nativity set I bought when my children were little. The Nativity set was all children and we all loved it and treasured it. You did an amazing job with this - but you always do. Merry Christmas.