Monday, January 5, 2009

A little book of notes - Bitten By the Bug Challenge

This weeks challenge over at Bitten By the Bug was to use the pencil cut from the My Community cartridge. I decided I wanted to do a little shaped notebook! The whole thing was just put together with a conglomeration of different cardstocks.
For the "metal" part of the penci, I embossed it with bridal silver. The two scalloped strips were done with my Fiskars Threading water punch. The flowers are Prima, and the brads in the flowes are Basic Grey. NOTES is cut with the Cuttin Up cartridge covered with pink stickles.


I put the whole thing together using my Bind it All and then tied some ribbon around the wire. Please be sure and pop over to Bitten By The Bug to see the rest of he designers projects using this cut!!! What a talented bunch of ladies!!!! Thanks for stopping by today! I made it through my first day back to work just fine! LOL! But wow, was it ever hard when that alarm went off at 4:30 this morning. YUCK! Thanks again and talk to you soon!!




16 comments :

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

Darling and one of my favorites this week...Krista

DeeDee said...

This is just adorable...love the sweet colors and all the yummy ribbons and flowers....it's just perfect!!! You are amazing!!! HUGS!!!

Ania - "Z Papieru Tworzone" said...

Oh, this notes is so sweet...

Jen said...

so so so cute! I am going to lift you on this sharon! Wowsies!

Cindy Haffner said...

Wow so cool.

Dawny P said...

This is completely gorgeous Sharon. Ohh I just love those colours. I love the way you put it all together - always fabulous. I'm going to go and have a look at the rest of your stuff cos I seem to have missed loads. Hugs xxxxx

ScrapMomOf2 said...

This is so cute!! I love that you made it a notebook! The color scheme is wonderful too! I love it Sharon!!

Jeni Glee said...

Sharon, this is so, so cute....when I get better, I will have to make one for myself. Just darling!

I want to thank you so much for the awesome card you sent me while I was in the hospital. WOW....it is amazing and that elephant is adorable. I treasure it so much and love that I now own one of your creations!

Dwain sure enjoyed hearing from you....everyone was so kind to him and sure helped him cope with an awful situation. Thank you for the support!

Love, Glee

mickeydee said...

Love the colors and design! So very pretty!

Enfys said...

This is stunning Sharon, probably the project that has finally pushed me over the edge about getting a BIA :)

Kim said...

This is amazing!!!!

Jeannie Phillips said...

Oh oh oh ... this is just the greatest idea with that pencil...I love it.

Thank you so much for the encouragement... its helping and means so much to me!!

hugs
Jeannie

AUsome mom said...

This is the coolest! What a great gift this would make for a teacher! You're the bomb!

Tammy said...

WoW! I love this notebook! Fabulous idea, love the colors! Your work is amazing!

Tammy

shelly said...

love love love this sharon! im torn between MC and Pooh cartridges..can only get 1 a month.. oh choices i sometimes hate them lol

Tink said...

this is a fantastic project.I think I may have to scraplift it from you. great job.