Thursday, February 9, 2012

Happy Birthday Angie!

Today is my Magnolia-licious DT sister Angie's Birthday, and Mindy (another DT sis and Angie's good friend) came up with an awesome idea to pay a special little tribute to her! Angie has her own line of stamps called LIttle Darlings, and she just launched a brand new line called Cutie Pies! And they are indeed CAAA-UTE!!  So....Mindy supplied me with an image, and I made up this little card as a tribute to my friend, Angie! Happy Birthday girlfriend!  I hope it's the best year ever, and I wish you many fantastic years to come!  Now without any further ado, here is the card I created with one of her Cutie Pies!


Is he not sweeter than sweet could ever dream of being?? And he was so fun and easy to color! He's stamped with Memento ink onto Cryogen White paper and then colored with Copic markers. I then cut him out with oval Nesties and machine stitched around it.  I used several Magnolia Doohickey dies on this one....the flowers, the lacy border,  and the small doilies placed behind the ovals. I also used the banner die from Whimsy, a button die from PTI, and the leaf swirl from Cheery Lynn Designs.  Now see what happens when I try and do a card quickly, I don't get to sit on it and let it digest. The nore I look at it, the more I'm thinking I should have given the flowers red buttons. What do you think?


Now I have a wee bit of advice for you....if you use a pearl pen on your card, make sure it's the last thing you do on it, no matter how long you think it will be before you pick it back up again. See that "hello friend" up there in the corner? Well......that wasn't planned. LOL! I had applied three pearls with my black pearl pen, and I like the way it looked to. Until I went to grab the card to add another flower on it and forgot I had wet pearls in the corner. Oh what a a mess! I had black pearls all over my hands! "Now what" what my first thought! I had no idea what I could put up there in that small space above the banner.  So I started looking through my sentiments and found this nice small one. Problem solved! Although I sure liked the looks of the black pearls better, the tag looks a whole lotter better than a smeared black mess does! LOL! And last but not least, I added one of my bows using May Arts black silk ribbon topped off with a teddy bear charm from Stamp and Create.


So that's it for me! Please be sure and stop by to see everyone else that's playing along...

Janiel
Ruby
Diana
Cabio
Sara
Patti Jo
Alberto
Angela
Suzanne
Barb
Mindy

Have a great day and hope to see you tomorrow for the new Kraftin' Kimmie challenge!  Hugs!

This is being entered into the following challenges:
ICopic challenge - Copics and hearts

20 comments :

Stampin Mindy said...

Oh, Sharon this is adorable! Thank you so much for joining in this celebration for Angie!

Hugs, Mindy

Desire Fourie said...

This is just gorgeous. Love the newsprint flowers and all the beautiful stitching.
Desire

cabio's craft corner said...

Wow Sharon, I love the gorgeous design of your card. Beautiful arrangement of all the delicious die cuts and details. A great & pretty project to surprise Angie on her birthday :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

debby4000 said...

Beautiful, adorable card Sharon.
luv
Debby

Anonymous said...

Oh soooo adorable Sharon! Awesome color combo and I do love those newsprint flowers. Really lovely and that sweet boy is colored beautifully! Hope you have a great Friday Sharon! hugs, Angela

Tracey said...

Wow! This is stunning Sharon!! The bow, the banner, the flowers - I love it all! xx

Christina C. said...

Such a cute card, Sharon!!!Love those newsprint flowers...perfect for a boy's card! This little cutie is colored to perfection. Simply adorable!

Janiel/ janny said...

Sharon.....BEAUTIFUL, fun and creative dear!!
Have a great weekend..
hugs.........

Stressed Stamper said...

Great card - love those flowers
Hope you are ok hun - Have a fab weekend
Hugs
Sarah x

Creations by Shirl said...

Awesome newsprint flowers.... cute layout and such a pretty card....

Sandi said...

he is indeed adorable and I love those flowers with button center, WOW. Hugs

Sheri said...

First off...WOW! Your stitching is ...I can't even think of a word for it! WOW!..All of the embellishments...so perfect! However, I have to ask. Are you taking card making tips from me? Smearing those pearls at the last minute...SO ME!But, like the pro you are, you made it even better! :)

Angie said...

Hi Sharon!!!

Thank you sooooooooo much! Your card is just adorable! I love the texture that you've given that little teddy bear :-) So sweet! Just like you. Thank you for helping to make this day special :-)

Big Hugs to you,

Angie

Sandy said...

This is a very interesting card Sharon. It is like a mystery. The newsprint flowers tell us that we must understand the messages within the card. Not everything is as it appears. We should take time to be able to decipher every little detail. There is mystery hidden here in plane sight and it is to me to figure it out

Sandy said...

I still believe that there is a mystery deep within this card and it might take quite some time to quiet the spirits and maybe settle down Does no on else see what I see?
Sandy

Peggie said...

Fabulous card.Love the swirls and flowers.

Sandy said...

I have solved the mystery Sharon! Y'all make a wonderful team - just wonderful. By the way, I have toe nails older than Angie and Mindy !! I love the flowers on this precious card - now I have made 3 comments. Maybe I am going around the bend but I sure do love your cards.
Sandy

Anonymous said...

AWW! Sharon, this is really sweet!! Your coloring is amazing as always and I love those paper flowers!! :) What a lucky girl!!

Barb Hardeman said...

This is so gorgeous - do you ever sleep? It seems that you must be producing cards in your sleep then because you surely come up with the best of the best!!!! A wonderful tribute to Angie! Love, love, love this card and Angie will too!!!!
Hugs...Barb <><

LOlita said...

what is or where is PTI? to get the button holes on the cute little boys buttons from my darlings??? DO we get them there fm where the stmps are fm??
This cherry gay remids me of early summer pickin cherries in Michigan. We would leave @ 4am to get ther by8am pick early B4 the sun got too hot, then get weight in by 2pm get on the bus tired sweaty, full of tart/sweet chrries. Lips hands Pinkw/shades of REDsHmm yummy 4 da tummy:)