Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Papertake Weekly Spots and Stripes


Well we made it through Monday! That's always a good thing! LOL! We had fabulous spring weather this past weekend.  A little windy, but nice temps. The whole family got out Sunday for a walk around our local marina. Which is nice cause I need to get up off this duff and start getting some exercise! LOL! Well that's enough about my hiney....It's time for a new challenge at Paptertake Weekly, and we're being sponsored by The Ribbon Girl.  The new challenge is to use spots and/or stripes.  Well if you love polka dots like I do, then this isn't a challenge at all! LOL!  For my card today, I used this ADORABLE Tossa by Bildmalarna stamp that I got from Bunny Zoe's Crafts.  Tossa is colored with Copic markers.  And boy howdy did I ever pull out my Cricut Expression for this card! LOL!


The shaped card was cut from Wild Card, the clouds were cut from Hello Kitty, and the fence was cut from My World. I used my Gypsy to weld three of the fences together at the height I wanted. I do so love my Gypsy. (Thanks so much Jody!!)  I added lots of doodling to add to the whimsical feel of the card. The clouds are edged with some chalk ink for definition.  The cardstock is Bazzill and the DP is Nitwits digital. (sorry can't remember which collection). And the flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts of course. I had to add a little bit of machine stitching in there too.  I've had that pink ribbon for so long that I honestly can't remember where it came from. It might be Stampin Up, but I'm not sure.


So that's it for me today. Please be sure and pop over to Papertake Weekly to see all the fabulous creations by the rest of the Design Team. Then we'd really love it if you'd grab your paper and glue and join us using your spots and/or stripes! Thanks for stopping by to see me today and hope to see you back again soon! Hugs!

Copics:  dress R81, 83, 85 E51, 53, 55
shoes and hat E51, 53, 55
skin E11, 01, 00, R20


I've entered this into Wild Orchid Crafts challenge - wings

26 comments :

Sheri said...

Well if she isn't just the cutest little thing! I love your shape card! And her dress and the colors are so springy. I wish we would get spring and it would stay! We are back to temps in the 40's and 50's and cloudy rainy weather. YUCK. This little one is a breath of fresh air!

Lillian said...

Oh, this is such a bright, pretty, spring card, Sharon - very uplifting. Love the colors you chose, and as always, a perfectly tied bow !! Very sweet . . .

Danielle said...

Hello Sharon, I love the grin ofthis little girl, perfectly happy. Gorgeous color combo, love the shape and the little clouds. Wish it could bring spring in Montreal!
Hugs.

Stressed Stamper said...

Beautiful - not heard of chalk ink..but then again not heard of ninney or hiney - presume you mean "bottom"...I was thinking the same as I sit here munching away...I did walk from my car into the office this am....30 strides I think, so things need to be gradual!
Hugs
Sarah x

sandiblu said...

I saw this card over at the Papertake Challenge blog and I just knew it had to be yours Sharon !! The image is gorgeous and the colours just pop - another stunning card hun !!!!

Hugs, sandra xx

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

I come by your blog most days, and don't often comment cause I'm in a hurry with not much time to see lots of blogs, but I thought I'd stop today and say I LOVE coming by here and seeing all your bright and cheery cards. It's almost always a really fun visit! Thanks!

Candy said...

Morning Sharon!!
What a sweet little gal she is!
Beautifully coloured. Great bright colours :o)
LOVE the shape of your card and both kinds of stitching. Really cute scene with your awesome clouds and cute fence.
Hugs, Candy

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow Sharon!! This is so adorable!! LOVE your clouds, fence and added details!! You always put together something fantastic!! :)

Shazza said...

great card, love the colours x

DeeDee said...

Oh girlie! You Know I love this card! She's adorable and all the elements you have for the card is just so awesome. I just keep on looking at it! Heehee! Wonderful job my sweet friend! HUGS!

Riet said...

So beautiful Sharon,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers and the details.

Hugs Riet.xx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Sharon :-) I was wondering how you made this ,, I need more Cricut cartridges !! :-) Love the image too ,, such a sweet happy face ,, fabulous details on here ,,, stunning !! :-)

Hope you have a very Happy Easter :-)

luv
Lols x x x

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh so cute, Sharon! Love how the card shape looks like one big cloud with your fabulous doodling! Just precious! xxD

Angie said...

Hi Sharon love your card, super cute image and i love the shape you have used
Hugs Angie x

Danni said...

I wish I would be more Cricut smart like you...totally awesome card! So cute and such a fun color combo!

Cami said...

Oh Sharon, another delightful card with this mischievous looking cutie! Love the shape card and how you did you faux stitching, then the Real McCoy stitching on the mat pieces. The clouds and bird and fence makes it all so whimsical that just screams SPRING!
Again, wonderful paper selection and color scheme here, not to mention your beautiful coloring! Have a wonderful week!
Hugs, Cami

Віра said...

Фантастична відкритка! І така радісна :)

Shirley N said...

Love this shaped card Sharon, soooo adorable!!!

Marlene said...

You stitch so well! I hate you. (Ok, you know I'm kidding.....I really adore your work....I just hate that you can stitch so well because I can't....lol! Pssst...can I send you all my cards to stitch?) Ha ha ha.

Lisa aka Myran said...

Gorgeous card Sharon! I love this shape, with I had more dies to my Cuttlebug to make pretty things like this :)
Lisa xx

Sandy said...

Hey -- some people love to hear stories about your hiney! I do love Bildmalarna images - they are cute as punch. I know before it is over, I am gonna have to get me a Gypsy - heck Sharon, I don't even know what a Gypsy is. What is the difference between a Circut Expression and a Gypsy and if I can only have one right now - which one should it be. And -- if I get one and write you tons of questions -- well you know what I mean!! Sharon this card is precious - love the design work sugar and the next time I write you I had better get out my stationary!!!!!
xo Sandy

Sandy said...

ps - Is that what you call "the green bird of happiness"?

Sue from Oregon said...

This is such a WOWSER card!

Lena Katrine said...

Great creation with beautiful colours and embellishments! Tyhanks for joining us at WOC this time, hope to see you again :)
Hugs, Lena K

PeggyLovesVintage said...

Very sweet sis and clouds are all fluffy.... lol

Love yah!

Leslie Anne Avila said...

Wow Sharon,
I haven't been blog browsing in such a long time. You have oodles and oodles of fabulous cards. Oh how I've missed you! Lol happy Monday. Keep on keepin on.
Blessings,
Leslie