Friday, February 5, 2010

You and Me and The Cutting Cafe'!!

Post is edited to add this: Here's a REALLY quick card I put together with the awesome background stamps available as a freebie over at The Cutting Cafe' for this weekend only! Get them before midnight on Monday night! The details are in my post below. Image is from Dustin Pike. Seniment is from another file from The Cutting Cafe' called Rain Rain Go Away.

Happy weekend!! YAY!! Ok, have you seen the new scalloped set over at The Cutting Cafe'???? Oh my gosh, I am going to be using this set a LOT!! This scalloped card is just one scallop edge that comes in this set of 15!! I love this card, but it was designed for an A2 size card and I wanted bigger. So I just made it bigger and cut it with my Pazzle. Worked beautifully!! Or you can just print it onto your paper you want to use and you can cut it out yourself with the pdf file. So don't feel limited if it's not the size you want. Just change it! Try to keep the same proportions though, or the scallops will get distorted. In other words, increase or decrease the sides equally if all sides are scalloped. I also used the All About Valentine's Day set for the You and Me that is printed inside the heart.


Here's the card recipe:

images and shaped card: The Cutting Cafe'

paper - Bazzill cardstock

tools: Martha Stewart border punch; heart shaped Nestabilities; Bow Easy, Copic air brush system; Martha Stewart frond punch

Misc: silk ribbon; charm from Stamp and Create; flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts, half backed pearls, dimensional tape

Ok, now for the fun stuff! Regina at The Cutting Cafe' is offering up some free background stamps for the entire weekend as a way to say thank you to her customers. So hurry over and grab them up, and then she's also running a contest for what you can make with one or both of the freebies. Do your best cause this is a judged contest, not a random draw! Can't wait to see what you do with them! Thanks so much for stopping by to see me today and hope to see you back again soon! Hugs!

30 comments :

Regina Easter said...

so like is this my lucky night...i get to leave a post first....YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE..............this pink is fab.....totally fab...the whole darn thing is cute...much love

PeggyLovesVintage said...

Love the pink. It looks so girlie and so pretty. Love it sis!

Curt in Indy said...

You're ribbon and bow is spectacular on this card, Sharon! I love the charm hanging from it. Such a great look! The embellishments really complete it beautifully. Best, Curt

Stressed Stamper said...

love the edge - such a neat card - just got the MS heart punch hope to use it if I am allowed any "me" time this weekend

Regina Easter said...

hey girl..okay gotta add another comment for that adorable first card...it is totally cute...that image goes way PERFECT with the sentiment...hugs

Candy said...

Two beautiful cards today, Sharon!!
Hugs, Candy

☼ Cheryl* said...

They are both so different and both so beautiful! :)

Nancy said...

Hi Sharon,
Love both of your cards. Your Valentine card is so pretty and I love the bee card so cute! Have a great weekend!
Hugs,
Nancy

Sandi said...

I too love the pink, but oh that bug, whooopeee too cute. Hugs

Kelly said...

Both of these cards are way too cute but you know my favorite is the PINK one. Have a great weekend!

Joynana said...

Sharon, I love both of these cards. But, I especially love the get well card. I am always looking for images to use when my friends are feeling under the weather. This one is great.

Christine said...

Oh Sharon your bows just knock me out...ther always stunning & perfect..love this creation..heck love em all.

Hugs Christine xx

CraftyC said...

2 wonderful cards Sharon, love the sentiment on the first one!
Clairexx

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh WOW Sharon, I LOVE the printable is the RED! What a cute card and stamp! Also, you're really makin' me want a Pazzles so I can cut those babies out by MACHINE! Just beautiful! xxD

Katarina said...

Hi friend. I'm having a candy if you'd like to join and spread the word I'd be greatful :)

"Um Buggin" said...

Sharon, these are both just too stinkin cute my friend. I love the image you colored as always it is just perfect for the card. The pink is beyond words......Gorgeous!
Have a great weekend!

Hugz, xx

~L~

Sandra H. said...

AWWW what a cute card and image on the first one! The second one is very pretty!

Danni said...

Both are awesome!! you rock!

Nancy said...

girl--these card are spot on. I love them both. The colors are great and the softness of the pink is just beautiful. Awesom cards girlie!!!

Hugs
Nancy T.

papertrails leaver said...

pure cuteness on the first and absolute love on the second! Great cards!

papertrails leaver said...

pure cuteness on the first and absolute love on the second! Great cards!

Lena said...

Sharon, magic this card. Pure cuteness and delight. I love colors and stamps. Hugs, Lena

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for your kind comments on my blog. I love and admire your work. Keep it up!
Aletha

Kelly Schelske said...

They are both wonderful!!

Carole Beath said...

Everything is perfect. Just Sharon-Perfect.
Hugs.
Carole

Anonymous said...

The pink you and me card caught my attention. The color that was used was very feminine and it is so adorable.
dining room table

Unknown said...

Awesome card, love the colours you used. I also got the papers from the Cutting Cafe', they're gorgeous.

Tracey said...

Both of these are fabulous darlin!! xx

Lacey Stephens said...

Both of these cards are amazing!! I love the sentiment you used with Sting...it's awesome!!
~Lacey

Pedestal Dining Table Gal said...

I love the bows of this cards. This really creative ideas with a grate color combination.