Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Rockin Around the Christmas Tree







Over at Hallmark Scrapbook message board, Carole gave us a challenge to make a project with the rocking horse on Joys of the Season. This is what I came up with. pp is Basic Grey, cardstock is Bazzill. I used one of my new MS border punches for the strip across the top. Both the rocking horse and the tree came from Joys of the Season Cricut cartridge. I put red glitter spots on the die cut, and then layered the MS branch punch on top of that so it would look like there were lights within the tree. I think it looks that way in real life, not sure if it translates on the pic. The branches on the tree was inspired by my friend Michelle. She's so talened. Be sure and visit her blog if you haven't!!! I topped it all off with a yummy ribbon that came from my friend Regina Easter, and there ya have it! Hope you like it!!! Thanks so much for visiting and have a wonderful day! Hugs!!!

14 comments :

DeeDee said...

Ooooh ME first!!! LOL!!! I LOVE this card...that tree is Da Bomb!!! Michelle is one smart girlie!!! I love the saying and well just th whole card!!!! It's GREAT my SWEET friend!!! HUGS!!

CraftyC said...

Love this card, its beautiful!!
Clairex

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh so cute and clever.

Nikki said...

Sharon, this is awesome!! What a very cool way to use the branch punch!

:)

TERIBERI'S CREATIONS said...

The rocking horse is beautiful but that tree..........well it's SPECTACULAR!!!!!! I love this card so much. Hugs, T

Susan Edwards said...

Sharon - I love your Rockin' card!!! It makes me want to sing along...
Wonderful job!!!
Susan

Anonymous said...

Simply `beautiful` Sharon I love how you created that wonderful tree!!TFI:)~X~

Kim said...

Sharon I love your blog and all the work you do!
Kim

Lana Clarke said...

Fantastic card Sharon. You are so clever!!
Lana x

Dawny P said...

Sharon this is beautiful - love the rocking horses. A gorgeous card xxxxx

"Um Buggin" said...

OMG!!! Sharon, we were both thinking and humming the same song. I envisioned a card with a rocking horse and Christmas tree, and the song popped in my head too. LOL Too funny, you beat me to it, but I will be creating one soon. I love yours!! TFS

~L~

ScrapMomOf2 said...

This is wonderful Sharon! Just a gorgeous card! I love it!

Becky G said...

Love the vintage look of this card! It's beautiful!!!

Shirley said...

How very creative! I am definitely going to bookmark this. Love the whole card! Creative and so elegant too!